Daryl Bulloch provided this video of a drone overflight of the Cochrane Ranche.
What do you know about this building. Cochrane used to have barns outside many homes to store horses and wagons. Could this barn date from that era?
We’d also like to do further research on Mitford and a variety of other subjects. Interested?, get it touch.
We have other opportunities with membership and fundraising.
We need your help.
CHAPS fall fundraiser is coming up Nov 17th at the Royal Canadian Legion. We are constructing 5 gift baskets that will go up for bidding. If you can provide a gift card or similar item please contact Lydia Graham at 403-932-2366 or email@example.com.
This past Wednesday and Thursday 100 students from Grade 2 French immersion classes at Elizabeth Barrett visited the Cochrane Historical Museum. Greeted by Frank Hennessey students learned that the building is over 100 years old, was once the the Davies home and Cochrane’s first hospital.
Gordon Davies continued the presentation in French with Jade Lewis’s excellent history of the Cochrane Ranche Video.
We had 18 members attend September 19th. Committees gave an overview of what was accomplished this year.
- Museum- About the same numbers through as last year. Will close September 30.
- Grants – Several applied for,
- Alberta Culture used for shelving, work tables, supplies for archiving, dividers and storage boxes.
- Town of Cochrane used to purchase transmitters and receivers for tours and meetings.
Next Fundraising Dinner at Legion on Nov 17.
New volunteers needed to help on the following committees
Election of officers
- Past President – Gordon Davies,
- President – Larry Want,
- Vice- President – R. Tony Turner,
- Secretary – Bernice Klotz,
- Treasurer – Donna Morris,
- Directors at large – Rod Wallace, Mark Boothby, Frank Hennessey
All voted in by acclamation.
- 20th Anniversary of CHAPS, June 2019
- 5th Anniversary of the museum,
- 110th Anniversary of the house.
Looking for ideas to celebrate ie:
- 110 house Birthday Party,
- Sell More Big Hill Country for $20.00 at the museum only.
- Have table at downtown market on Thursdays in summer.
- Enter Labour day parade,
- Party cake for museum opening in June,
- Give More Big Hill Country to Grads with grant money.
notes by Bernice Klotz
These videos are cute.
The Vintage Toys have been a fun display at the museum this summer. We’re going to keep the display again next year and try to tweek it a little and maybe add a few items.
As you’ve been a lender, you have agreed to lend your items until this fall. If you want to let us exhibit them again we need you to sign or initial a change on your forms.
If you’re attending the AGM on Wednesday could you please see Shannon Want to do this.
Thanks so much,